Media & Cases
California Business and White Collar Criminal Defense Lawyer and Former Prosecutor Patrick K. Hanly
Serving Clients throughout California in State and Federal Courts
- Has appeared as a legal analyst on Fox News’ The Big Story.
- Was profiled by the Sacramento Bee. Click here for the article in PDF format.
- One of his cases was chronicled in the book Fake, Forgery, Lies, and e-bay, by Author Kenneth Walton. (Simon & Schuster)
- The San Francisco Daily Journal referred to Mr. Hanly’s practice as “White Collar Muscle.”
- During one of his trials, the Sacramento Bee described his cross-examination technique as “brief, but brutal.” (“Quackenbush knew about kickbacks, defendant says,” The Sacramento Bee, March 5, 2004)
- One of his cases was chronicled in the book Fire Lover by noted author Joseph Wambaugh. (Avon Books)
- This same case was featured in the Emmy-nominated HBO film Point of Origin, starring Ray Liotta and John Leguizamo.
- Obtained a hung jury with a 9-3 verdict to acquit resulting in case being dismissed in Federal tax evasion trial
- Obtained a dismissal of felony fraud charges against car dealership owners brought by Attorney General
- Obtained dismissal on second day of jury trial of felony healthcare fraud charges against physician
- Obtained dismissal of felony grand theft charges against businessman
- Obtained dismissal of felony forgery charges against appraiser
- Obtained dismissal of felony spousal abuse charges
- Represents Builders of Specially Constructed Vehicles (Kit Cars) against charges of DMV Registration Fraud.
- Mr. Hanly is currently representing physicians targeted by an FDA probe into allegations of the use of Botox that has not been approved by the FDA for human use.
- Represented a dentist charged with health care fraud by the California Attorney General’s Office
- Represented a psychologist charged with health care fraud by the Department of Health Services in federal court
- Represented a business owner charged with bribing a state official to obtain state contracts
- Represented a company served with a grand jury subpoena in a federal public corruption probe
- Obtained a sentence of probation for a high-ranking federal government official charged with stealing over $50,000 in federal funds
- Obtained dismissal of State case charging three felonies
- Represented the owner of several medical clinics in Southern California charged with falsely billing California’s Medi-Cal Provider program
- Represents individuals and companies being investigated or charged by federal or state agencies for alleged criminal wrongdoing
- Representation in criminal and regulatory enforcement actions before federal or state agencies, including the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Attorney’s Offices, the Federal Trade Commission, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Federal Reserve Bank, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms, the Department of Defense, the Food and Drug Administration, federal and state environmental agencies, and state Attorney General and district attorney offices
- Conducts internal corporate investigations of alleged misconduct, including special committee and audit committee investigations
- Represents corporations, officers, and directors in grand jury investigations and parallel civil actions
- Establishes and maintains compliance programs mandated by Federal Sentencing Guidelines and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Represents plaintiffs in Qui Tam actions
- Represents international clients in extradition matter